Posted on : 18-06-2010 | By : Skylar Ethan | In : ATM Machine
Before you pound on to purchase ATM machine for your home based business, be alert to finish your homework first. You may have come across many cheap ATM machines for sale on eBay. But before you stick to any old machine just do a cross check. See whether the ATMs are 3DES (Triple DES) amenable or not. When ATM dials the ATM Processor and request a transaction, this 3DES an encryption process in the keypad and firmware protects the consumers PIN number from being stolen.
We can discuss here some ATM purchasing instructions:
- Never purchase an old ATM machine unless it is bought from a trustworthy ATM Machine processing company.
- Understand the warranty and processing services
- Stay away from ATM Machines handled by private clients or individuals except you are very much known to the model, condition, brand and compliant status etc.
- If looking for free standing good ATM machine expect to pay $1800 – $3000 on an average. For renovated 3DES compliant ATMs, you may pay $1000 that will give you parts and labor warranty.
- Go for ATM processing agreement no longer than 2-3 years. Reputable company agreements are typically 3-5 years. This agreement protects you while moving your funds from customer’s bank account into your own bank account after the cash withdrawal by a customer from your ATM.
- You can ask for ATM Processing rebates up to 100%. If you feel your ATM machine is worth high volume usage, negotiate an extra $0.10 – $.20.
- Make sure you get useful and timely service from your ATM machine company for any breakage of ATM parts or services, unless you may loose handful money every week.
- Consider a company providing 24×7 customer support with a toll free number. It is very much essential to get answer for your phone calls during holidays or odd timings. In case your call is responded by a voice mail system, leave a message that you are testing their tech support only.
- You may ask for references from other ATM customers
- Remember for any hidden costs or hard negotiation if involved
- Go through the agreements well and check that withdrawn money is deposited on a regular manner.